Yet another stocking question!

madwabbit

Well, I recently thought I was moving, so after stocking/unstocking, and long story made short I have a 120 with only 140lbs Live sand/80lbs LR, a 7" volitan and a SFE. I have a few variosu crabs, but I really am not too concerned with them becoming lunch or not. Im thinking this:
Hawaiian black trigger
Harlequin tusk
Puffer
Humu Humu/Picasso trigger
I already know I am in for a good flame or two for triggers with lions, but I have -never- had a problem with that rumor, its just a matter of keeping them fed and happy. Otherwise, I am all ears for suggestions and input. Thanks again guys! I will post pics of the tank tomorrow!!
(Also, I have a lot of that long dark-green algea growing off my coral skels,and the crabs arent getting it...recommendations? Crabs do a great job on the floor, and mag-float gets the glass.

jon321

Ive never had problems with triggers and lions either :notsure: , but to get that algae off the skeletons just remove them every month or so and soak them in a mild bleach solution overnight then soak them in water for a few days and put them back in the tank. If done every two months or so you can keep the corals looking bright and clean.
Jon

sharkboy13

ive read more bad stories bout humus w/ lions then any other trigger, im not sure whether theyre kept more or what but it seems thru searching ive seen more bad posts about a trigger snapping theyve ben the one. occasionally ull get a good one but almost all the time theyll be nasty eventually

madwabbit

Thanks for the info- actually I got a Naso Tang today also, so tally him up to the same list. Thanks again guys!

scottyk18

I use household vinegar to get the algae off- much less threatening to the fish than bleach, does a great job

madwabbit

Good tip- the idea of bleach made me quite nervous. Anyway, I picked up a sea hair today...for anyone not familiar its a giant snail without a shell, and I'll tell ya what...this bugger can chow down some algae. Definetly recommend one long as ya got no trigs for him to become lunch to. Camera charging, Im going to post pics tomorrow or day after.