Yet another stocklist

chrisnif

Okay so I was thinking today about where I REALLY want my tank to go and I came back to what things I enjoy with freshwater, that being a tank full of mean (but active) African cichlids.
So I started thinking what fish think they are way bigger than they are, have plenty of color, etc. Damsels, well why the heck not

So, I have 56 gallons, in a 30x18 package (24 tall) so its like taking a 90 and cutting about a foot off. Anyway, It's currently "centerscaped" with about 30 hiding spaces that i can see, probably more, with about 40 lb of live rock. Currently i have a yellow tail blue damsel and she's sweet as pie to everything she's been around, although there was a power struggle with the royal gramma. And I also have an engineer goby, which will hide or hold its own,either way.
So what I'm thinking of is like 3 yellow tails, 3 azures (similar but a bit more yellow), 2 canary, a beau gregory or two, and maybe a fire damsel if i can find one locally.
I may also consider a maroon clown pair and/or a basslet, but that depends on how the bioload and violence works out.
Let me know what you all think.

mony97

Not sure maybe a sixline (pretty cool looking too), but I'm going to tag along and see what people say.

chrisnif

Yeah was thinking a 6 line would work too, but most important... besides a BIT of carnage here and there, does anyone think a "mostly damsel" tank can work?
Originally Posted by mony97
http:///forum/post/3197528
Not sure maybe a sixline (pretty cool looking too), but I'm going to tag along and see what people say.

chrisnif

Okay, not trying to find stuff compatible with damsels. I'm asking "can I have say a dozen damsels in one tank with a pair of maroon clowns (break up the yellow and blues)"

fishonlyman

Maybe. There could be some minor competition among the damsels, not including the clowns. So, get like, 3 chromis, which are less aggressive than other damsels. They like to school. I don't know about maroon clowns, though.

olemiss

A dozen damsels would be a bloodbath in that tank. Taller tanks due not have the necessary footprint for the damsels to establish territory. A maroon would more than likely kill them due to space issues. More peaceful clowns should work. Taller tanks really need more passive fish.