Yipppppppppy

After 3 long years, my clowns have hatched their first batch of eggs !!!
I'm so happy to be a mommy!
i will be reading up on them alllllll night to keeping them alive i know that i still have some time to get everything together. Its gonna be a lot of hard work im sure ! if any locals have anything to spare for example rotifers live to help them stay alive i will feel horrible if i don't try keeping them.
I just very worry that my blue chromis will attack them !

my anemone is covering up the eggs and my poor little male is behind it making sure the eggs get plently of air . my concern is that is there any chance that a male gets tired from fanning the eggs that he might maybe die i'm just worried about him since he is somewhat wedge behind the anemone and the rock

he should be just fine. that's exactly what they do in the wild. make sure that he gets plenty of food which may be hard to do since he is so concentrated on careing for his future offspring. enjoy the experience!
good luck!

flower

I don't think they will make it if you keep them in the main tank, you need to put them off by themselves and feed them rotifers or something like that....but I am no expert, Someone on the site will be more help I am sure....anyway...Congratulations..I hope they make it!

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/post/3137462

I don't think they will make it if you keep them in the main tank, you need to put them off by themselves and feed them rotifers or something like that....but I am no expert, Someone on the site will be more help I am sure....anyway...Congratulations..I hope they make it!

You're right.
Get a book, clownfishes by Joyce Wilkerson is a very nice read and probably the only piece of information you'll need to know (aside from that which can only be gained through experience.) Now, without a proper breeding setup already, you won't likely get this batch to survive, but that's fine.
This will be a helpful nugget as well.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/364373/yipppppppppy
I am no expert either (with no experience anyway) but I've read a lot about it. So therefore you should take my advice with 35 ppt of salt.