You know it's going to be a bad weekend when

ameno

I got home friday an heard a strange sound coming from in the house, when I opened the door I realized it was the sound of my sump pump sucking air. my 30 gal. sump refugium had some how cracked from the middle top of the tank all the way to the corner. and I lost around 8 to 10 gals of water in the carpet before the levels dropped enough to stop the water. by midnight friday night I had the baffles in the new tank and fresh water made up and by saturday afternoon was able to start up the system again. everybody in the tank made it ok. just a lot of hard work, and a bad smell in the carpet from all the salt water, I don't think it's ever going to dry up and not have a musty smell in the house. The only thing I can thing of is that maybe one of the baffles were to tight in the tank and over time stressed the glass. but I'll never know for sure. Just thought I would share one of my many experences since I started saltwater.

ameno

thanks, you just never know in this hobby, just when you least expect it, somthings gona happen

bojik

ochy.... use febreeze on the carpet once you get it dried. will help at least. Using a shop vac with bruss attachment Might help suck some of hte moisture out.

fishy7

I have been there before. The sound of a pump sucking air is not good. It dumped 25 gals when it happend to me. Hose came off, hello water.

Sorry to hear.