you think the tusk will starve itself to death?

lionfish

LionFish says.....
I have never seen a Tusk starve itself but it may happen but I sure would hate to hear it after I advised you to get it. I would feel like I told you bad advice. My only other suggestion is to call all your fish stores near you and ask them what they feed their Harlequin Tusks. This is so wierd for me because mine ate so well. It ate all the basic food I gave it. Sorry I am running out of info on this fish. It just puzzles me.

robbytt

I just though of this...have you tried feeding something live to it? Bloodwords, ghost shrimp, minos..etc. That sometimes can help :)
RobbyTT

tomorrow i am going to get a new niger and return my butthead niger. also while i am there i am going to get one of those hermit crab houses and put him in that while in the aquarium and put some live brine shrimp in there. what you guys think

heithingi

Dlight,
What are you trying to feed it? Have you tried brine or mysid shrimp, by chance, frozen? The LFS is my area only feed this to the aggressive fish, as we found out, so thought it might be the same for your guy. Remember, if you try live it will be hard to wean him off later!
As for your cage idea....how about some patience? <g> Give the guy some time to settle in. Took our wrasse a week to begin to seriously eat.
Lynda

lionfish

LionFish says......
Thank God, I was actually quite worried that it would die on you. Way to go, man. Keep up the good work.