You wont believe the deal I just got!!

S

supernovabjt

Brand new Biocube 14 for $111.99!
It was a mistake on behalf of the cashier at a large pet supply chain that sells marine fish (hint). They had it on sale on their web site and I figured I would try to get that price in store, the cashier ended up giving me the website price plus an additional discount for being one of their pals (hint). I'm super excited, I just ordered a maxijet 900 and a 50w stealth heater and I plan on doing a few mods like creating a fuge in place of the bioballs.
This is all part of my big tank juggling plan. I set up my 58rr with my old quarantine tank as its sump. When the 58 finishes cycling, I will transfer my 20l over to the 58 as a larger sump and the 10g will go back to quarantine duties, so for now the bc14 gets to play quarantine.
Anybody have any other suggestions as far as modding it goes?

dustyboy316

Some people like to use chemi-pure and carbon instead of bio balls.
I don't know much about modding one though to be honest.

zoie2

I don't know about modding either, but I have a 12 gal, I got the maxijet 900 too and I also got a wave maker nozzel which I like a lot.
Good luck! and have fun!
I want a new tank

S

supernovabjt

Thanks for the comments. I think I am going to open up the baffle between chambers one and two. I might knock out the floor in chamber one and block off the bottom intake grates for better surface skimming. Any reason why I shouldn't do this?

Originally Posted by supernovabjt
http:///forum/post/2941627
Thanks for the comments. I think I am going to open up the baffle between chambers one and two. I might knock out the floor in chamber one and block off the bottom intake grates for better surface skimming. Any reason why I shouldn't do this?
seems to me like that would cause the bottom part of the first chamber to be stagnant and end up accumulating detritus.