Young 10 Gallon Pics

bschaible

well i got em today, they never really opened up after the lfs. im not exactly sure what my lighting is, nothing special. stock whatever.
should i maybe move them higher?

m0nk

I'm fairly new here, just started a tank about 2 months ago, but from what I've learned so far I think you may have too many fish for a 10 gallon. I see in you pics 2 perc clowns, 1 yellow-tail damsel, and I think that looks like a goby? With a 10 gallon tank you should probably stick with only 2 fish at max. You probably wouldn't want the damsel in with the clowns anyways, I hear they get pretty territorial and could go after the clowns. Hope that helps some.

jmick

Originally Posted by BSchaible
well i got em today, they never really opened up after the lfs. im not exactly sure what my lighting is, nothing special. stock whatever.
should i maybe move them higher?

Maybe you should find out what kind of lighting you have and if it's enough to support the coral you are adding???

demartini

Originally Posted by m0nk
I'm fairly new here, just started a tank about 2 months ago, but from what I've learned so far I think you may have too many fish for a 10 gallon. I see in you pics 2 perc clowns, 1 yellow-tail damsel, and I think that looks like a goby? With a 10 gallon tank you should probably stick with only 2 fish at max. You probably wouldn't want the damsel in with the clowns anyways, I hear they get pretty territorial and could go after the clowns. Hope that helps some.
yeah you should only have about 2 fish in there. The damsel is really mean, so keep an eye on him...he could kill your clowns. Your tank looks really nice! I love the aquascape.

watson3

Originally Posted by petieaztec
what is that yellow (hard coral???) thing? otherwise looks great.
Is it real?

bschaible

haha, no, the yellow thing is not real. it came w/ the tank and its just in there to add a lil color til i can get some more corals!! cheezy i know.
does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the inside of the glass?

zoie2

I use the magnet thing too, works good, but I also use a scrapper at the bottom by the sand. (I don't want sand to get in the magnet thing).

chellie4u2

if the sand gets in the magfloat its very simple to get out, though it could scratch the glass if a small chunk is left in it, I really like how you have you rocks set up.. :joy: