Your 3 favorite aggressive fish

bullshark

I will post a pic. Cozumel does not have bumblebee groupers. Cozumel does have very large groupers though. I have been there 7 times! They will follow you the whole dive if you bring a bag of chopped fish with you and feed them..........or so I hear.:D

polarpooch

Cozumel does not have bumblebee groupers. Cozumel does have very large groupers though. I have been there 7 times! They will follow you the whole dive if you bring a bag of chopped fish with you and feed them
The last time I went diving there, a photographer went down with us...I got a great pic of me with a HUGE grouper (no scanner, or I'd post it). I was told it was a lanceolatus (giant grouper), but maybe not...I never even thought to look it up till now.
I wouldn't have even tried to feed it! I was told before I went down how mean the bigger groupers could be.
Come to think of it, it was probably pretty dumb getting that close to the thing.

Hey fin follower ed where is that bumblebee grouper located? Do you have there phone number. Let me know. I'd really apprieciate it. Thanks.

conogre

1) Stargazers....big mouth, healthy appetite and pack a high voltage poke to boot.
2) Stonefish....a little on the poisonous side, but all mouth and a candidate for the fastest growing appetite on the block (ours went from 3" to over 3 POUNDS in about 6 months).
3) Eels/Lionfish...a real toss up here....we have both and it's just to tough to make a call.