your electric bill?

teen

thanks for the replys, im going to show her this thread when she gets home.
im going to be using fans, and ill use the chiller just for those really hot days when it gets like 95 out.
JESSECNC, thats a pretty cool link. it came out to be 28.02 with everything, but im not sure how much a killowatt hour is here, so i just left it as the .12. im going to try to find out the price now, and then recalculate it.

drew2005

Originally Posted by teen
thanks for the replys, im going to show her this thread when she gets home.
im going to be using fans, and ill use the chiller just for those really hot days when it gets like 95 out.
JESSECNC, thats a pretty cool link. it came out to be 28.02 with everything, but im not sure how much a killowatt hour is here, so i just left it as the .12. im going to try to find out the price now, and then recalculate it.
Mine is .12KWH. Im pretty sure LIPA has the same rates. I just looked at my last months bill and it was $170. But i did the configuring on that site and only around $20 of that is my tank.

teen

drew, did you ever get that 36" sunpod light? if you did, what kind of corals are you keeping under it, and are you running a chiller with it?

drew2005

drew, did you ever get that 36" sunpod light? if you did, what kind of corals are you keeping under it, and are you running a chiller with it?
Havent gotten it yet. Been spending most of my money on my house. I will be getting in in a few weeks though. Ill keep you updated. It actually costs me $25.76 a month just to run my tank according to that site. LIPA KWH is .1249 With that Sunpod fixture it will cost only $3.96 a month more.

ctgretzky9

You can always tell her it is a lot less expensive than if you took up ice hockey or golf, or maybe flying lessons?
That should can it right there

teen

im still looking for lights too, the lfs has the 36" sunpod for 350, i think i might buy that one, or just go with two pendants for 170 each. :notsure:

drew2005

im still looking for lights too, the lfs has the 36" sunpod for 350, i think i might buy that one, or just go with two pendants for 170 each. :notsure:
Which LFS $350 is a good price?

teen

aqua hut, there in coram, like 15 minutes away from me. he also gave me that price off the top of his head, and he usually gives me stuff for cheap since im always there :joy:
i would tell you to call him, but they dont have phones

drew2005

aqua hut, there in coram, like 15 minutes away from me. he also gave me that price off the top of his head, and he usually gives me stuff for cheap since im always there :joy:
If he can gimme that fixture for $350 ill go and buy it today. I cant find it near me for under $450.

teen

im probably going there sometime this week, ill double check on that price and get back to you. where do you live, i wouldnt want you to travel a distance, and find out he gave me a wrong price. his prices are usually cheap though, have you ever been there before?

drew2005

im probably going there sometime this week, ill double check on that price and get back to you. where do you live, i wouldnt want you to travel a distance, and find out he gave me a wrong price. his prices are usually cheap though, have you ever been there before?
Never been there. Im in levittown. About 40 mins away. If thats the price i dont mind driving there at all. It wont cost me $100 in gas
Just tried calling and the number listed is a fax machine. Do you have the right number? Ill call and ask for a price. I wont say anything about $350.

ctgretzky9

i would tell you to call him, but they dont have phones

Coram? Who lives near there? I grew up in Coram, went to Longwood hs....like 20 years ago lol....

teen

yea, i said they dont have phones
he told me that it costs to much, and hes been there for more than 18 yrs or somthing like that, and hes never had one.
all in all, hes a very good lfs, i recomend him to anyone, and hes a lot closer to me than fish town usa.
i work about 2 mins away from there, and i need to buy some stuff, so ill most likely be there again on saturday, so ill find you on here somewhere and let you know if thats the right price. im 99% sure thats what he said, but it was off the top of his head, soo...
ctgretzky9, i live in mastic beach, like 10-15 minutes away from longwood. hwere do you live now?

ctgretzky9

yea, i said they dont have phones
he told me that it costs to much, and hes been there for more than 18 yrs or somthing like that, and hes never had one.
all in all, hes a very good lfs, i recomend him to anyone, and hes a lot closer to me than fish town usa.
i work about 2 mins away from there, and i need to buy some stuff, so ill most likely be there again on saturday, so ill find you on here somewhere and let you know if thats the right price. im 99% sure thats what he said, but it was off the top of his head, soo...
ctgretzky9, i live in mastic beach, like 10-15 minutes away from longwood. hwere do you live now?

Oh im in connecticut now...mastic?...know vito giamerelli? Last name spelling may be off.

mr_bill

Originally Posted by murph145
tell me about it its outraegous the cost of living out here in general is rediculous
my 1600sf house that was built in 91 is going for over $600,000 now its just stupid

LOL, yep yep. I just refinanced and was able to pay off everything.

teen

Originally Posted by ctgretzky9
Oh im in connecticut now...mastic?...know vito giamerelli? Last name spelling may be off.

im only 18, senior in high school. does he still go to school?

ctgretzky9

im only 18, senior in high school. does he still go to school?

lol....no, he is around 34 yrs old, havent spoken to him in years, I know they were like everyone knew them in mastic years ago. He is a nyc police officer now, but his family i thought was still there.
No big deal, just reminiscing