Your favorite fish.. TO CATCH!!

fishkiller

HAHA!! Not the best choice of threads for such a board, but whatever. I wanted to know what you like catching the most, sw or fw. My favorite is b/t a Yellowfin Tuna, Sailfish, Wahoo, and Dolphin (mahi mahi, not flipper). Post pics if ya got em. I have to get some older pics from a few summers ago when we nailed 7 sails (C&R), and about 150 lbs of dolphin b/t 6 fish. Some awsome tailwalking pics of the sails. I may need some help scanning these, I suck at computers!

kittykitty

I like catching sunfish. (prettiest freshwater fish i've ever seen.)
speaking of fishing, anyone here in the cincinnati/kentucky/indiana tristate area know of any really good places to fish?

blackomne

Trout. Lake, Brook, Rainbow, and the fun old Cutthroat.
:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

kittykitty

Originally posted by lovethesea
catch and release. Beautiful rainbow trout in Missouri streams.

yeah definitely catch and release...
but I might do a sunfish tank sometime this year :D

dreeves

Catch and release into the skillet...fillet Sunfish and Crappie is some of the best eating...
Walleye, Northern, Muskies (Tiger's as well) and Bass are all excellent fishing and eating as well.

moraym

i love fighting smallmouth bass, they're really fun to fight, they get airborne, just more fun to reel in than most fish.

clown-lover

i love to fish....catching anything is exciting to me....i spent two months in FL once and caught a nerf shark that was five feet long!!!!!!!!! we were in the water all the way up to our shoulders trying to reel that bad boy in (at the time we just thought it was a really big fish) then we saw the dorsal fin pop out of the water and we booked it out of there dragging it along with us!!!!!!!!!!!

that was the best catch ever!!!!!!
i'm going on a 12 hour deep sea fishing trip next month....i bet that will be a blast!!!!! first time ever
:cheer:

clown-lover

HAHA
all these years, i thought it was being pronounced to me as 'Nerf' lol:notsure:
oh well....and yes, we cooked it all different kinds of ways....and back then, i didn't like to eat anything that came from the ocean, but i tried it and it was SOOO GOOD!!!!!!
that was like five years ago....and i still have a fin that's on ice!!!!!!!! (don't ask me why):thinking:

reef_magic

the only place around me for fishing is in the St. Joe River at Notre Dame. and if anyone is from around here they know the St. Joe is probably the nastiest river ever......so we just catch bluegill and rarely a catfish and gotta throw em back b/c of pollution

tahoe ocean

Favorite to catch is Dorado (dolphin or Mahi) at my folks house on the Sea of Cortez. We catch and release but if it happens to not look so good after the fight, we eat them! YUMMY!

moraym

there is a "dolphin" that isn't flipper. it's different than the bottlenose dolphin you're thinking of.
you'll see it in restaurants as Mahi Mahi, they dont say dolphin for that exact reason, they dont want people thinking they're eating something from Sea World. and Mahi Mahi is sooo good to eat.