Your favorite fish...........to eat

1journeyman

I've never understood being a vegetarian. Cave paintings from early man don't depict hunters spearing squash....

37g joe

I love all Seafood so its hard to narrow one thing down but if I had to say what my favorite was. it would be smoked salmon mmmm yummmy.

socal57che

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
I've never understood being a vegetarian. Cave paintings from early man don't depict hunters spearing squash....
I agree.
They don't depict shoving a bit in an animal's mouth and riding it around like King Arthur either, but to each his/her own. I'm all for vegetarians, saves more meat for me and the lower demand keeps the price down....so I like to think. Did anyone here eat glue when they were in grade school?
The Chinese place we frequent has pretty good battered, deep fried fish...prolly ocean drum....but the flavor is great. They also do a garlic fish with stir fry veggies, but I didn't care for the garlic/fish flavor combo.

lovethesea

ack........can't stand fish. "fish are friends not food"

Originally Posted by socal57che
I don't really like any other seafood, especially lobster or crabs. They are the cockroaches of the sea. Yuck!

couldn't have said it better myself.

ruaround

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
Give me some spicy octopus over all the rest any day.
Darth (with the brain still in of course) Tang
hellz ya... forgot about calamari...

ru(mmm...octo)around

J

jdragunas

THIS IS AN ABOMINATION!!!
i love tilapia, cod, swordfish, trout, salmon, tuna, walleye, flounder, grouper, and mahi-mahi (which technically isn't a fish). I also like northern pike, bass, and catfish is ok, as long as it's deep-fried. I love all seafood; lobster, crab, shrimp... with the exception of oysters, mussels, clams, and scallop. Love calamari, and i'm sure i'd like octopus as well... i guess i'm an abomination...

socal57che

Originally Posted by jdragunas
and mahi-mahi (which technically isn't a fish)
Huh???
It certainly isn't a turtle.

socal57che

I learned everythin I know about copy and paste from Scuba..............
Description: Properly called dolphin or dorado, the mahi-mahi is not related to the mammal called dolphin. It is one of the most beautiful fish
in the sea; brilliantly colored with an iridescent bluish green and gold body, and golden yellow fins and forked tail. The average size is 3-6 pounds but they have been known to grow as large as 5 feet and reach 70 pounds. One distinguishing characteristic between males and females is the head. The male's head is more rounded while the female's head slopes down to the mouth . One of the fastest swimming fish
in the sea, they prefer the warmer tropical and subtropical waters of the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico and Gulf Coast of Florida. Their spawning season extends from late spring through early summer. Mahi-Mahi feed offshore, near the surface on small fish, shrimp, squid and crabs and are commercially harvested by hook-and-line.
I'm not hackin' on ya, just wanted you to be properly informed.

J

jdragunas

hmmm... interesting. I stand corrected. i was always told it's a dolphin... oh well!

chipmaker

I eat just about any saltwater fish, but my favorite is scamp and snapper and flounder. Of course I love lobster and shrimp. Never did like ANY freshwater fish.
Sheepshead, mackerel, grouper, triggers, shark, even blue's and the amber jack and jack crevelle are good eating. Get a big enbough fish and you do not worry about bones if they are filleted...Just nice big slabs of meat.

crox

Originally Posted by jdragunas
THIS IS AN ABOMINATION!!!
i love tilapia, cod, swordfish, trout, salmon, tuna, walleye, flounder, grouper, and mahi-mahi (which technically isn't a fish). I also like northern pike, bass, and catfish is ok, as long as it's deep-fried. I love all seafood; lobster, crab, shrimp... with the exception of oysters, mussels, clams, and scallop. Love calamari, and i'm sure i'd like octopus as well... i guess i'm an abomination...
Is there anything that you don't like!!!LOL

T

tizzo

This one time... I agree with JD.
I like all that, but it has to be skinned, cause I hate the skin.
But my abslut fav's are crablegs, scallops and salmon or bagels and lox, with lemon of course.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Crox
And what about urchins?

With some blow fish on ther side?

travis89

Tilapia, Cod, Trout, Whitefish, Walleye, Tuna, Perch, Bass, Blue Gill, and Catfish all taste really good if you ask me. I will eat almost any seafood.