your favorite marine book??????

drgriff

I have only one book, The Marine Aquarium Handbook by Moe. I am also new but have been doing a lot of research on the net. This book is fairly old 1992, but I thought was a pretty good overall starting book for describing the basics. The stuff on set-up was outdated but that can be found on this site.

heyoo

The Concientious Marine Aquarist by Bob Fenner is a very good book. It would be very helpful to the new and experienced people alike.

heyoo

Originally posted by barry769
I third it, I personally own this book, but my post is mainly just so that I can become a mandarin.

Does that mean you're likely to die of starvation????:D

barry769

Does that mean you're likely to die of starvation????
Don't worry, I'm kept in a large tank with lots of food.

dindi

I think the book by moe is very useful but always keep your eyes open for more. My mandarin goby is still going strong. If he starves it's his own problem, my rocks shows loads of pods when the lights go on in the morning

justinx

Natural reef aquariums by tullock. A very simple read with some great beginning info that covers a very BROAD range of topics. IMO, one of the best and most detailed beginner books on the market. Nice pictures too.

bdhough

New Marine Aquarium like everyone has said and Marine Fishes by Michael Scott. Invaluable in picking your fish...