Your feelings on this fish

crt81

What are your feelings on a flame angelfish?
Are they hardy?
Would this be a good choice for a 65 gal reef that will house SPS corals, clams, and other corals?
Do they have disease related issues, like that of the tangs?
Does anyone have a flame angelfish and if so please tell me all about it- don't leave anything out!

puffer32

Mine is a good guy. He doesn't touch my corals, (some do) and he isn't mean to any of the other fish in my tank though he is the biggest, excpt for my tang. You should have a well established tank with lots of algae for him to graze on and add nori on a clip for him. I don't think they are ich magnets, mine was in a tank with an ich outbreak and he didn't get it thankfully. Hes just a sweet fish who loves to swim in out of of my rock work. Heres a pic

bjsbargain

My flame does pick on my rocks but doesn't bother my corals. I do have 2 other fish larger than him. But he does like to swim thru and around my live rock. No problems that I know of.

crt81

Does anyone have them with clams?
And the corals everyone says they have- Are they SPS corals?

ejensen

I have a Flame with corals and clams. It's worth the chance. I have seen mine pick on my clams but just once in a while. They have been together for months. I would add the flame last. Mine in a bit aggresive. Get fish to add. Very active.

petjunkie

Any angel in a sps reef is touch and go, might be fine forever, or you may wake up one morning to nipped clams or coral. Just depends on whether you want to take the risk and be willing to rip apart your tank to remove it. I've heard flames are 50/50.