Your LFS

cprdnick

How many of you have a LFS that offers a fish warranty?
Mine offers a 72 hour Saltwater fish warranty and a 7 day Freshwater warranty, provided your water parameters are good.

utahcutter

one of the ones I like offers 14 days, on SW and FW fish. But most of their workers at night are clueless. The smart guy works during the day when I can't go. They also require you to bring water to be tested if your SW fish dies.

flamehawk

Nothing on s/w fish but since I've bought so much from the store, they do honor if something happens w/in a reasonable time.

nm reef

The LFS I do the majority of my business with has only 24 hours on fish/corals...but I impose my own warrenty. First I insure the speciamn is in good health and that it is acceptable for my reef...then I carefully select additions that have the best opportunity to survive...which in effect establishs my own personal "best chance for survival" warrenty!:cool:

jmesmcm

My LFS has a 7 day guarantee on fish and corals which once they know you becomes a VERY generous 7 days. I have lost fish after 10-11 days and they have still replaced it no problem and no questions.

gregvabch

none of the 3 lfs' in my area have any guarantee's on any saltwater creatures. they do for fresh, but who cares about that?? j/k

D

daniel411

One out of a dozen or so near here has a warranty on swf. However, they charge a 15% premium if you want it.

The store I go to does not have a guarantee any thing salt water. But I have brought a couple of fish back and they will give me store credit.
Sarah :)

ophiura

Where I used to work, we had a 7 day on both fresh and salt water, but you needed to bring the body and a water sample back for testing. If the animal clearly looked beaten to death, it was void, but we were pretty generous on it. We also didn't sell saltwater fish for 24 hours after arriving...you could probably get it, but there would be no warranty. I don't think most other stores had any warranty. In general, our prices where higher, but the guarantee was much better. Other places- well- you could have a fish die as soon as you walked out the door and I am not sure they would care.