Your lighting suggestions...and times of day

wade163

Someone GAVE to me a orbit lighting 48 inches long with 4 65w lights...they also have 4 small leds for lunar lighting. 2 of the lights are day light bulbs with your natural light, while the other 2 are the atinic blue. Then you have the leds for lunar effect. So I have 3 plugs that I have to play with. What are some of the lighting effects that you all use. For exmple, right now I have both lights atinic and natural light to come on around 430 pm and go off around 1130 pm, and the lunar lights come on around 1115 pm, and go off around 3am. Just wondering what you folks do...thanks!

jerth6932

IF those times work for you, then they are fine! We all have our own viewing times that we perfer! Just gague your tank if you have any spikes in levels or you get an algea bloom cut them back a bit! But you should be ok!

mr_x

i'd run the moonlights 24/7, and the rest is preference. i run my lights 12 hours a day. i have the actinics come on in the am for 2 hours, then the daylights for 8, then the actinics come on for 2 more.
you might want to run the daylights for 8, and the actinics for 12, if you prefer the extra blue.