Your longest lived inhabitant

jferrier

What is your longest lived coral and fish/invert and how long?
fish: true perc (2 years)
bta: 2 years
coral: finger leather - 1-1/2 yrs.

aarone

I had a false perc from the very beggining of my tank. i turned 18 and purchased her (long before this site) She survived two cycles and three tank moves. jumped out the day i was going to get her a mate :(
total of one year.
aaron

mrmike

I have a four-stripe damsel and a yellow tail damsel that are still around from when I set the tank up in the spring of 1996. that's the longest I've had any fish live.

buzz

My Tomato Clown has been with me for over 2 1/2 years - it was my first salt water fish.
My Leopard Wrasse has been with me a shorter time, but it was in friends tanks for probably 1 1/2 years longer than that. So it has been at least 4 years since it's been in an aquarium.

fishtanker

i have a GSM clown that's 5+ years old. Went thru 3 tank moves and has laid eggs twice even though she had no mate

SHe's still kicking up a sand storm

S

sebae0

i have had a purple tang, flame angel and tomato clown for the past 5 years, 2 moves and 1 big tank upgrade and still going strong.my oldest fish is a yellow tail damsels who is 6yrs old.

microman2k

i still have my first fish.....my blue damsel. she has gone through a lot with trying to learn this hobby- inexperience, tank change, popeye, and mabey now a possible shock? (i raised my salinity to almost 0 then brought in back up in a matter of a day or 2 due to malfunction in my hydrometer) but i am guessing about a year and half and i hope much longer!

the gman

I have had a Tomato Clown (without an anemone) for over six years and his tank mate a Yellow Tang for four. This was in a 29 gallon tall to boot. The clown is the biggest one around here coming in at over 4 1/2 inches long. Both of them are with me today although they are in a QT tank because I had them for so long I dropped in a new fish without thinking that had black ick on it. Bummer! They will be back in my 55 in a week or so.
Fish will live a long time if you don't kill them first!
Glenn