Your Not going to believe this

cmkdline

ok here we go I came in to this hobby the beginning of april and all you folks were he to help me threw my desaster. now I was just blessed with a second sw tank some one was giving away in our local paper. The first tans is as follows.
55g tank
20lb cc ( i know i know)
30lb lr
2 odysea ex205 powerheads
topfin 60 filter(piggy Back)
Skimmer
Livestock
2 damsels
cb shrimp
(for Now)
The new tank was free but on the condition that I come out , empty it and clean it. OK no prob until I got there. the lady that gave it to me Had Not cleaned it in ages & she admitted to it . I also found in this tank a tiger fish & a blue eyed puffer. Wich I am sad to say did not make it home they died I am sure of all the stress & algea and muck that was in this tank. Please keep in mind I got this new tank on 5/19/07, so I scrubbed EVERY THING. and bought new Live rock (figi) Now I have a question I still Have the old Live rocks I have put them in a tub with some clean sw. Now can I scrub these lr to get all the algea off or what should I do with them? Any way here is the new tank.
85g bow front with hood & stand
40ls
80lr (figi)
lg. emporer piggy back filter
205 canister filter
802 powerhead
250 power head
2 really long coral life lights
2 really long 40w lights
heater.
All of this was free to me from a lady in the paper that didn't have time for it anymore after 5 years of having this tank. SO SO SO SAD

And now for the pics.

reefforbrains

No light on the LR thats in the tub should make an impact in as soon as a few days. Also toss in some minthrax and Mex Grazers, rock should be squeeky clean in a week.

reefforbrains

Minthrax are the little common green crabs, AKA emerald Minthrax crabs
Mex Grazers are- yep you guessed it Mexican Grazing snails. also common and should go to town on the algea.

cmkdline

ok day 4 I have had a silght ammonia spike on my cycling 85g. I put a shrimp in there to cycle it so we will see. the water is nice and clear but 1 of my powerheads died so I need to see about getting another one very very soon.

cmkdline

thank you , I absolutly love it i am having such a blast learning so much from every one here, My new home & total obsession
. I have only been doing this for about 7 to 8 weeks now and I am truely amazed that the things that keep falling in my lap. My oldest son decided to try & make his own tank just a 55g but for the frame he is welding dimond plate . very cool Idea never thought or seen one like that before , he is starting with fw and then moving on to sw after he can perfect a 300g tapped. I must say the boy has vision and only 20. i'm so proud

reefforbrains

Welcome to the Boards...this is why we are all here.
All our spouses and co-workers dont care in the least that your Frogspawn just split again, or that your new digitatis has grown an inch a month.
Welcome to the club

cmkdline

ok I did the shrimp thing in my 85g and I got my ammonia spike at 0.50. so it is on it's way
I can't wait for it to finish so I can start adding my cuc