your opinions on...

mpdan

hey was wondering if anyone uses a phosphate reactor and if it is worth it to buy one i have been stuggling with high phosphate and using ro water from lfs thanks your opinions are greatly appreciated

wangotango

If you're having problems with phosphates then yes it's probably worth buying one. Reactors are much more efficient than just dropping a bag of GFO in your sump.
I'm using the TLF Phosban reactor on my tank. For the price it's an awesome unit.
-Justin

culp

same here. i had a cyno problem and put the phosphate reactor on my tank and have yet to see any know cyno growth after using the redslime remover.

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by Culp
http:///forum/post/2970995
same here. i had a cyno problem and put the phosphate reactor on my tank and have yet to see any know cyno growth after using the redslime remover.
I dont any more, but I used to use Phosban and the TLF reactor for a cyano outbreak. It is a wonderful piece of equipment that is effective and cheap. But while you are running the reactor, you should try and find what your source of phosphates are. do you use a frozen prepared food? Like mysis?

mpdan

yea i use mysis and formula 2 has anyone heard of or used ViaAqua Poly-Reactor comes with pump thats why i like it

jackri

Have you tested your lfs RO water?
I don't have a reactor but would if I had a phosphate problem from what I've talked about with others that have used them.