YT eaten by Green Carpet!

dominican

I woke up on Saturday and my 3" yellow tang was missing. I've been in the hobby long enough to know what that means. I've got a lot of LR, and after looking around a good bit, I realized that after whatever fate it met, that the demons of the under-rock were having their way with its remains. heheh.. THEN, I noticed my green carpet anemone standing at attention - full, healthy and spread out in undulating glory. :notsure: :mad: That punk ate my tang! The fish was active, healthy and eating normally the night before. I think that in it's slumber, it just got to close and
Crazy. I was only 98% sure, until yesterday the carpet spit up a bunch of yellow fuzz and fish bones!!!! I figure, if he can catch'em, he's entitled. I mean, my carpet's a card carrying member of the community too, and I dig him! :) Hopefull he hasn't learned a new trick!!!!! Thought you guys might find the story entertaining....

E

essop3

Mine ate a bangaii in its first week. Do you have moon lights? A little light at night can help keep fish from accidentally running into it.

dominican

I have dual 96watt actinics. It's a 72" 150g. They're kinda bright though, so they're just on half an hour before the brights turn off and stay on half an hour afterwards.. At night its all dark. I don't have any led's or anything dim. Recommend anything?

E

essop3

I'd get some LEDs. It's the anenomes nature to eat like that, but night lights will help keep fish from bumping into it.