Yukon's 55 Gal - Let me know what ya think

yukon

Thanks mie, I actually have a canopy for it that I built. It just doesn't fit anymore with the new light. I'll probably build a new one at some point.

H

heart & sole

tank is coming along nice...love you sun coral its huge..

yukon

Thanks I loved that sun coral too. I lost it when my tank overheated last summer, along with other corals and multiple fish
. That pic was a couple yrs old. I still haven't found another sun coral like it. All the ones I see anymore are looking rough. I think these LFS's don't know they need to feed them.

yukon

Update:
Foxface was taken out of QT and is in DT. He's looking good and doing a great job finishing off the left over hair algea. I've gotten a little algae bloom from the new MH's but not to bad. I'm still increasing the lighting time of the Halides. I'm trying to work slowly up to 12 hrs of light 1hr actinics 10hrs
of 10000k MH and 1 hr actininc with moon lights on the other 12hrs.
I got two precula(spelling) clowns in the QT they are looking good and eating well. I think there starting to battle it out to see who's gonna wear the pants in the family
I added a Monti cap frag that I got cheap
when I picked the clowns.
Also added a cleaner shrimp, this guy is a food hog. He keeps stealing pieces of mysis off my rics.
He already had 2 piece he was holding on to and stole a third off one of the rics.
I'll try and post some updated picks tonight.

yukon

Originally Posted by ci11337
http:///forum/post/2649466
i think 10 hrs of light is a bit much.
How long do you run yours? I don't think 10 hrs of MH's is to long for the daylight. I wouldn't however go any longer than this IMO. I'm just trying to replicate as close as I can a natural light pattern. I know theres others on here that run there lights this long or longer.

yukon

Couple pictures of my new Foxface now in DT
. He's starting to come out more and isn't ducking behind rocks when I come up to the tank. He's made friends with the wrass and follows him around the tank now