Zebra Lion+CUC

imclownfish

How would a zebra lionfish(about 1" if not smaller) go with some shrimp(peppermint 1", cleaner 2" and blood shrimp 3") would it be ok with some snails and hermits as well? i dont care about the crabs much, its the shrimp im worried about

calbert0

a lion fish will eat anything that it can fit in its mouth. The shrimp will eventually become lion food.

olemiss

In my lion experience, radiatta and volitan, the snails and hermit will be ignored. Shrimp will eventually be dinner, though with a dwarf it may be a while if the shrimp are large.

R

rcreations

There's no way I can put any type of shrimp with my fuzzy dwarf. They get eaten right away. But he ignores all snails and hermit crabs.

S

saxman

Originally Posted by imclownfish
http:///forum/post/3184825
ok thanks. But just to see, has anyone actually been successful/attempted with this combination?
dood, i think you're looking for validation
, not information
. if you don't believe the info, try dropping a ghost shrimp that will fit into the lion's mouth into the tank and see what happens...
back to lurking...

imclownfish

I'm looking for validation AND information. I already had done research on lions and knew they would eat anything that fits into their mouths. I just wanted to know if their is a poasibilty oF this happenning and if anyone has succesfully combined these two species.

calbert0

nope, sorry. shrimps will become snacks. I have never heard of a lion passing up a tasty shrimp scampi.

R

rcreations

Shrimps to lions is like pizza.
No way they will pass it up. There's a reason why most people start them off with ghost shrimp, because shrimp is the one food they'll almost always accept. One time I tried to put a very large peppermint shrimp with my fuzzy dwarf. Well, it became snack in a matter of minutes and the shrimp was so large, it was hanging halfway out of his mouth.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by imclownfish
http:///forum/post/3184825
ok thanks. But just to see, has anyone actually been successful/attempted with this combination?
If you ask a question in this way, you'll always get the answer you want. Someone has done everything in this hobby with some success, usually short-term.

cranberry

A full grown zebra will definitely nom nom nom his way through your shrimp. If someone tells you otherwise, their lion wasn't full grown or, as was already said, they've only had the combo for a short time.
Have you seen how big their mouths can get?

imclownfish

i've never actually seen a lions mouth open, ive only heard of how much it can open. Thanks for then info guys, looks like i'll be staying away from shrimp.

halamaya

i had a fireshrimp killed by my reef lobster. Threw it into my Aggressive tank, my fuzzy grabbed it immediately and folded it in half. Running from everyone else for about 5 minutes or longer until he got it all into his mouth. The shrimp was half his size!

imclownfish

coral banded will help clean the TANK
fire will clean FISH
as for survival its a toss up but the fire may have a better chance if the fish recognise it as a cleaner
i took this from another thread.
Does this mean they have a chance with a lion if the lion recognizes them as clenaers?