Zenia really is a week

fender

Place it on an island. That is how I am keeping GSP and Xenia under control. Attach frags to rocks that aren't touching other rocks isolated on the sand bed. I am in the process of testing this. Anyone else gone this route?

armandoc

Originally Posted by fender
Place it on an island. That is how I am keeping GSP and Xenia under control. Attach frags to rocks that aren't touching other rocks isolated on the sand bed. I am in the process of testing this. Anyone else gone this route?

I have some xenia (Anthelia Sp.) that I am fragging this way, but using cc instead of sand as the substrate. As soon as it starts to grow over, I just make my cut and glue it to a plug.

lionfish1

Originally Posted by fender
I am doing this also, however it is trying to attach itself to the sand.

katiev

I don't think that will even keep it from spreading. Eventually it'll get big enough to reach for another rock. Pesky coral. I'm trying to get rid of the brown variety in my tank, but if you don't get every last piece...

reefkprz

My girlfriend loves the stuff I got a small piece because she wanted it.... she wants me to let it spread everywhere. now I like the look of it but I sure dont want it grwong over everything else so is what I intend to do is surround the xenia with pieces of rubble let it spread onto them and frag it back constantly that way I can sell off the frags, and keep it trimmed at the same time. fortunatly I have a place to get rid of it.

fishgeek01

I have found to ship xenia of any variety it helps to put a few peices of activated carbon in the shipping water with it to help keep the toxins from the slime down. I have a 100% ship rate with this method typically about 4 or 5 peices of carbon in about 1 cup of water. This works with any variety, and frags that are attached or not.