ZFA Rainbows.

flricordia

Just fed and was able to get a good polyp count when they closed on the food. Rainbows are half way there. 15 polyps. No pics. an get some but they will not be real good as I have them in the center of the tank and have stopped moving them around. Camera doesn't get too good distance shots but can still get an idea when I get a pic.
I had fragged them, as I stated before, hoping to get some faster growth. Now they are on 2 discs and doing well.
Nightmares have slowed down a bit, don't know why though. They are feeding well, maybe just a temporary thing. still at 12 polyps, maybe 13. They also are in the center center of the tank, not being mucked with anymore.
Just to let you know.

flricordia

here is a pic. some are around the backside so can't see them but there are total 15 counting new polyps about to open.

flricordia

here is a pic of the nightmares. I had mentioned in prior thread that these were fragged too to help stimulate growth.

silverdak

ok your the expert.. how do you feed zoa's?? lol I can never get food to them before my clowns snatch it all up

flricordia

Originally Posted by SilverDak
http:///forum/post/2766988
ok your the expert.. how do you feed zoa's?? lol I can never get food to them before my clowns snatch it all up
Wish I was a zoa exprrt, but I take frozen silverside, krill, mysis, brine, squid and put a small chunk of wach ina food processor and chop till really fine. I then add a couple teaspoons of phytoplex (there are many good liquid brands available) and mix well. Bring to tank temp and target feed with syringe after turning off flow.

flricordia

Still just 15 Rainbows. 18 Nightmares though. So far the 10 that went in on each of these owns 1 Rainbow. The 10 in on the Nightmares owns 1.5 each.

flricordia

Originally Posted by Jaymz
http:///forum/post/2784701
18 nightmares. Good to hear. My tank is patiently waiting.

21 counted tonight! Man, these Nightmares are really taking off. Seems the more there are the faster they grow. I think the fragging really helped so I may do it again. There are 3 frags, the smallest with 5 polyps and the other two about the same count on each. I will leave the small one and split the other 2 up.
At this rate the nightmares will be ready in a month or so. Guess I will need to concentrate on fragging the frags before long getting them ready for shipping. Actually, within a month at this growth rate there should be 5 polyps each per person. I may let them stew a couple months longer even.

jpc763

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2785226
21 counted tonight! Man, these Nightmares are really taking off. Seems the more there are the faster they grow. I think the fragging really helped so I may do it again. There are 3 frags, the smallest with 5 polyps and the other two about the same count on each. I will leave the small one and split the other 2 up.
At this rate the nightmares will be ready in a month or so. Guess I will need to concentrate on fragging the frags before long getting them ready for shipping. Actually, within a month at this growth rate there should be 5 polyps each per person. I may let them stew a couple months longer even.

Awsome! Don't wait too long, mine have to ship to Colorado! Don't want fozen zoas!
John