zoa colony dying :(

redbone

I fragged one now it looks like the whole colony is dying!?

I fragged 2-3 polyps off these by taking a credit card and scraping htem up and gluing on another rock last week sometime and they stayed closed for a few days. Today it appears as if the whole coloney is dying or soemthing. There is mucus all over it and polyp heads are falling off!
I took a powerhead and blew them some so, most of hte mucus is gone and a few of the heads fell off. Here is what they look like now... within like 5 days of fragging.

It even looks like its affecting my anthelia! What should I do?!!?

redbone

The one's I fragged don't look so hot either. Pretty much immediately while fragging, mucus started coming out/off pretty quickly. For about a day after fragging, even the fragged ones looked ok. It all kind of just happened without me noticing it too much. They were all just kind of closed up and I just thought they were irritated or something. THe thing is that I didn't really disturb the colony much at all. Two of the one's I fragged had grown onto an ajacent rock. Only one came from the edge of the colony.

bronco300

im not sure,...but mucus coming outt of the zoos isnt a good sign is it?? i always get my hands out right away once i see my zoos havin fluids coming out...dont need anything toxic in me

redbone

I don't even know what kind of zoos these are. the heads when healthy were probably as big around as a nickle. Do you know what kind they are? Also... any ideas what to do at this stage?

bronco300

i believe those are Protopalythoa..i have one that is a much bigger zoo...and wax has some...but im not sure what to do...try to make sure theyre clean, maybe move them to a new spot...how old are they to the tank?