Zoa Help

spunky

Just got these today they were shipped usps priority on monday and didnt get here till today they were packed great,temp aclimated,wanted to get some opinions if anyone thinks they will survive.
sorry for the crappy pic iphone cam stinks.

sula

Yikes, 4 days in transit, that's terrible.... but I see a peek of color, so all hope is not lost yet! What kind of lights do you have them under?

reefkprz

the ones to the back are the blue eyes, they look pretty good.
the ones to the front are either the haze or the fire and ice. cant tell which. but I forgot one of your frags, there should have been a third frag in that package. I will ship a replacement for both the fire and ice and the haze on monday since I cant tell wich they are I'll replace them both. I will ship them express (overnight) at my own cost. I cant believe I forgot one of your frags. I'm sorry.

spunky

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2691943
the ones to the back are the blue eyes, they look pretty good.
the ones to the front are either the haze or the fire and ice. cant tell which. but I forgot one of your frags, there should have been a third frag in that package. I will ship a replacement for both the fire and ice and the haze on monday since I cant tell wich they are I'll replace them both. I will ship them express (overnight) at my own cost. I cant believe I forgot one of your frags. I'm sorry.
wow i didnt even realize that i was missing one. you are definitly a top notch seller for sending more.

As for an update all are dead and gone i woke up thismorning to both the rock and the shell having nothing on them

flricordia

Unless they had little shipping water they should have still had a chance. Next ones you get make sure they have direct flow on them for a few days and leave the lights out for at least the first 6 hours. Zoas are pretty tough. You said you acclimated them. Bad, bad, bad. Do not acclimate corals. If any acclimation is done temp only. WHen you get zoas dip them in some iodine such as Kent's iodine and place them in the flow. Why do pple still insist on acclimating corals only to have them perish? There has been enough posted about this subject by those who are very successful at keeping corals and all say do not acclimate your shipped corals. When will it ever end?

spunky

all i did was temp acclimate them, put them in front of my ph for a few sec to blow any muck that was on them off and set them in the tank. I never dip anything that has been in shipping for more than 2 days. I was going to iodine dip them once they recovered from shipping shock.