Zoanthids are starting to die

I recently bought new zoanthids about a week ago and I know they are supposed to be hardy coral so I didn't think I would have a problem. But now barely any of them are opening and I think there are a few dead ones. My parameters are not great but I don't know how to fix them

Magnesium 1410ppm
Alk 8.7 DKH
calcium 500 ppm
PH 7.9
And salinity is always about 1.025-1.026

Shilpan

Hey! I think calcium is a little high but I think shouldn't kill corals at that level.
What are ammonia nitrite and nitrate? Any pests visible on zoas?

And lastly where are the two positioned? Light cycle and flow?

Hey! I think calcium is a little high but I think shouldn't kill corals at that level.
What are ammonia nitrite and nitrate? Any pests visible on zoas?

And lastly where are the two positioned? Light cycle and flow?
I think it is zoo pox because it's spread to my other zoas that we're doing great and now they are also starting to die. Plus the head have white dots in them which is a sign of zoopox

2quills

I thought we'd discussed this in one of your other threads asking the same thing.

You can dilute your water a little bit with ro/di or distilled water to bring the parameters down just a little bit.

The only reliable way to treat zoa pox is to quarantine and treat with Furan 2. But as mentioned you'll want to research the specific methods people are having success with using it since it's technically a antibiotic used to treat fish.

I thought we'd discussed this in one of your other threads asking the same thing.

You can dilute your water a little bit with ro/di or distilled water to bring the parameters down just a little bit.

The only reliable way to treat zoa pox is to quarantine and treat with Furan 2. But as mentioned you'll want to research the specific methods people are having success with using it since it's technically a antibiotic used to treat fish.
I was responding to the other person

2quills

I was responding to the other person
I understand but you've taken no measures to change anything and you were already given some tips. If you want to bring your levels down a bit just dilute the water. Soft corals generally do better with slightly lower specific gravity. Your levels are at SPS/LPS range. Which is fine, corals can adapt if they are adapted slowly. But the spread of pox isn't going to get any better from here if nothing is done about it.

2quills

Apologies, Kevin. I just noticed this was an older thread u started. But you got tips in the other thread already. I thought you had started another one when Shilpan responded. I was like, really, a 3rd thread? lol

My bad

Alfonso

I recently bought new zoanthids about a week ago and I know they are supposed to be hardy coral so I didn't think I would have a problem. But now barely any of them are opening and I think there are a few dead ones. My parameters are not great but I don't know how to fix them

Magnesium 1410ppm
Alk 8.7 DKH
calcium 500 ppm
PH 7.9
Check for Ammonia levels also how much light they are getting might have to relocated them to a spot that they will like?

magic

What ever you do, do not put furan 2 in your tank!!!!! This will kill your bio and crash the tank. Only use it as a dip if you go that route.

dustintx

Magnesium 1410ppm
Alk 8.7 DKH
calcium 500 ppm
PH 7.9
Not all zoas are hardy. Some like dirtier water. If you have purigen or the like in your filtration, try taking it out and feed a little more to dirty up the water. I've had to sell corals because they don't agree with my water. About to trade my duncan colony that is super sensitive. Good luck.