Zoas and PC lights

bluemantr

Hi,
I will get some frags tomorrow. Mostly zoas. I was just wondering how zoas will do under 195 pc lights in 29g tank? And flow is around 22xturnover.
Thanks

puffer32

They should do fine. Watch the flow though, they like some, but not tons of it. Show us some pics after they acclaimate

bonebrake

All types of zoanthids will thrive under that lighting. Make sure you replace your bulbs every 12-14 months!
:joy:

bluemantr

Here aresome pics of the zoas i got. My tank is bowfront its little hard to get clear pics. I tried my best :)

schadiest1

nice zoos! I kept a lot of zoos under 130w of PC lighting and they did fine. You should be fine. If you notice they aren't happy, you may have to move them closer to lights or further away. It's just a matter of finding where they'll be the happiest.

bluemantr

Originally Posted by nYgel
how much did you pay for that light setup Bluemantr? I'm looking maybe to upgrade.
I had coralife 130w pc light fixture and 1 extra 65w actinic bulb I just bought a used ballast for extra bulb and put all of them in to a canopy. It did cost me like $150 (included DIY canopy)

bluemantr

But if i were you I would just go to T5HO lights. I did regret alot about didnt do research before buy these stupid PC lights!