Zoas, Zoas, and Zoas!!

detguy313

Originally Posted by Scopus Tang
http:///forum/post/2661376
Absolutely gorgeous!
Hope my tank grows up to look a little bit like yours someday!
thank you and it is a never ending deal with my tank..i always find more zoas that i want...i am looking into getting a larger tank 300 gal or larger and doing nothing but zoas, acans, micros and blastos..these are my fovrite corals and have been for a long time...i just need a good bonus from work this year

scopus tang

Originally Posted by detguy313
http:///forum/post/2661424
thank you and it is a never ending deal with my tank..i always find more zoas that i want...i am looking into getting a larger tank 300 gal or larger and doing nothing but zoas, acans, micros and blastos..these are my fovrite corals and have been for a long time...i just need a good bonus from work this year
Yeah, I'm finding it to be a never ending ride into the poor house. There are way too many cool morphs of zoas and palys out there.

detguy313

i moved some of my palys around and when i get back from vaction i am going to do some reaquascaping with some of these and moves some of the ones that grow really fast and let the really grow out..here are a few new pics that i took...i love the first one but the reflection from the flash kinda sucks

sula

Really impressive - that last picture, the red-eyed polyp (you should name it "hangover" or something...) looked like it was only a single polyp on page one. Great growth!
Forgive me if I missed it, but did you ever post your tank specs? Lighting, flow, that sort of thing? If you wouldn't mind sharing, that would be great.
Thanks

detguy313

that is in my 90gal i have 2 150w 14k hqi and 2 96w actincs compacts..i keep most of my zoas in high flow..i have a cheap dyi skimmer..and about 100lbs of live rock and a 55gal fuge that i keep cheto and other algae in..dsb in the fuge and about 2" in the display..i run a phos reactor when needed..i run my temp at 81 and keep my mag at 1375 cal at 415 and alk at 9dkh and i dose with a diy two part..i don't dose anything else if i don't have a kit for it.other than that i sit back and enjoy..i keep mostly zoas but have some lps and a couple sps left over when i ran only sps