Zoo Frags

diddley

hey arn, correct information and details, my friend. people are looking for advice, not one-liners.
ny, zoos ship well, normally. i'm not sure about "cheap" methods. with corals, quicker is always better, and that's usually not inexpensive. insulating the animals is highly suggested, corresponding to seasons. many people do frags trades in a small thermos container. styrofoam boxes are good, as well. the goal is to keep conditions from fluctuating too much. hope this is helpful.

bigarn

It wasn't meant to be a one liner...."my friend". He didn't say he wanted specific information.
Nick....I apologize if you took it as a one liner .
diddley...Chill Out :D

rwhite

I've never shipped anything, but I have taken corals on a plane ride with me. We live in No. VA and I was working in Colo. Springs. Found some corals (a bubble, toadstool, and some zoos), purchased a small cooler and some heat packs (hand warmers) from Target and had them in the cooler for approx. 12 hrs. or so. All made it fine and look great to this day. This was during early April, so I felt that the heat pack were neccessary, but I also fly a lot and it can get chilly in the cabin during high summer, let alone in a FedEx cargo plane. At 30K feet, its pretty cold. Anyway, if your shipping a fair distance, I suggest some sort of warming device to keep the temp a little more constant. A short distance may not be too bad, but definitely use a small cooler or thermos or whatever to try to keep the temp as constant as possible. I also used paking peanuts to keep them from shifting too much and I figured they would also help with insulation. HTH.

crazy4reefs

i just received some zoo's from california. they were packed in plastic bags (doubled bagged) and the bags were inside a thermos. the thermos was packed in a box with news paper.. the water was a little cold when i got it but the zoo's were fine. it was also shipped overnight. hth.

diddley

arnie......i'll try.
i just hate to see how these boards have digressed in the last year(i've been watching them since last October).
i just see a whole lot of flippant remarks and posts where individuals are regurgitating information they've read here as gospel.
sorry to lump you in that group, but i just had to figure that "tank water and a plastic bag" was a given.