Zoo growth question?

lazuruskfp

So I got a great deal or at least I thought it was a great deal on some super colored polyp rock green + orange morphs. But some of the polyps are fully closed and have like a brown tinge on the outside like rust on them (I assume that indicates death?)
So my question is will these possibly 'dead' polyps regenerate?

Should they be cut off to allow new polyps to expand?

Thanks in advance!

mushroomss

if there were dead thye wouldent be there.They are alive but are not happy.It osunds like they have some type of infection.Please try and post pics

grumpygils

Originally Posted by LazurusKfP
So I got a great deal or at least I thought it was a great deal on some super colored polyp rock green + orange morphs. But some of the polyps are fully closed and have like a brown tinge on the outside like rust on them (I assume that indicates death?)
So my question is will these possibly 'dead' polyps regenerate?

Should they be cut off to allow new polyps to expand?

Thanks in advance!
Have you thoroughly blown them off? Could just be crud and they need a good blasting?
Mc.

lazuruskfp

Originally Posted by mushroomss
if there were dead thye wouldent be there.They are alive but are not happy.It osunds like they have some type of infection.Please try and post pics
I will post a picture tmr morning in the hopes that if it is an infection it can be identified

sailfin

I hope you did some kind of dip before placing them in your tank. I have had them look as you describe and come back. I have also had them die. Place them in a high flow and hope for the best. Also check for any type of critters at night after the lights have been out for at least an hour. I hope this helps.

lazuruskfp

Here is a photo hopefully of the section that I am worried about in the zoos... if you have any suggestions or can identify what is wrong from this let me know

scotts

The main question is how long ago did you put those in your tank? If it was in the past day or two I would say they are just getting used to your tank. However that is not to discount the fact theat they may have a bad critter on them. People recommend using this as a way to get rid of the bad critters if there are any. https://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=6 I have not used it personally, just passing on what I have read.
HTH
Scott

lazuruskfp

Originally Posted by Scotts
The main question is how long ago did you put those in your tank? If it was in the past day or two I would say they are just getting used to your tank. However that is not to discount the fact theat they may have a bad critter on them. People recommend using this as a way to get rid of the bad critters if there are any. https://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=6 I have not used it personally, just passing on what I have read.
HTH
Scott
I got the rock on friday this past week and it was FW dipped but not iodine. The only hitchers I found so far that didn't fall off in the FW dip are a couple of sponge and a butt-load of pods. The thing that makes me curious is not that they arn't opening but the brown tinge on the closed group. I've never seen a closed zoo that wasn't that deep putty grey color so that seems alarming to me.