Zoo or Anemone

A

arlene1995

Hi!
I found this guy on the beach (Atlantic Ocean) in Central Florida. I have had him since Thanksgiving and when I got it, it was upright. Now it has flopped over, but is still alive. I have not put any Calcium in the water ever. The base is crushed coral. I'm not sure because I got some zoos today and it looks just like them, just big and grey. I'll try and get a better picture soon.
http://bp3.blogger.com/_A0nvvIoipVo/...h/ZorA+002.jpg
Thanks,
Arlene1995

fishygurl

What are your water parameters?
What type of lighting do you have?
How long has the tank been set up?
Not sure but I thought taking things off the beach was illegal
lol

fishygurl

Do you have any more tests you can do on the water?...
And from the picture to me it looks like an anemone and i believe they need metal halides (but im not real sure what T8's are but i know anemones need alot of light.) It looks to me as though its dying cuz of the white, But i dont really know anything about anemones so i could be wrong. Have you got a better pic, and say how many watts your T8 is?
Not sure about eels too but most arnt reef safe, not sure if yours is. If its not it might be harming it, but i think it is the light, or thats just what it looks like.
How big is this anemone or whatever it is?

A

arlene1995

Hi!
At the moment I'm unable to do anymore tests on the water, but I will soon.
It has not changed in appearance since I found it.
The T8 was I think 20 watts. Now it is under 65 watts. I'll try and get a better pic, too.
My eel is NOT reef safe, but I am moving it out soon to a larger tank. I never have seen it bug the creature, but it may have nipped it once.
I forgot to mention that it seems to only "come out fully" at night. It also does not move anywhere and is solidly attached to its rock.
Thanks!
Arlene1995

A

arlene1995

Hi!
I finally got a clear picture! It is not fully out, though.
Arlene1995

A

arlene1995

Hi!
It is about 2 inches tall and an inch in diameter.
If it is a rock anemone, how do I know by its appearance that it is still healthy?
Thanks!
Arlene1995