zooa id please

krux

i think this falls into the category of parazoo, it only extends its tentacles at night. the tube is flourescent green, but most of the 10 or so tubes are completely covered with coraline now. finally able to take a pic, let me know if you have any ideas. thanks.

bdhough

It might be a form of tube anemone. If the tube has coralline growing on it then that makes sense. Looking in Sprungs invert book it looks like they are Isaurus or Snake Polyps though. If you get a chance to look at the book they are on page 47. Says they only come out at night and need nightime feeding to thrive (zooplankton) Need bright light and occur on the bottom, carnivorous filter feeder photosynthetic. etc etc.

nm reef

I'd be inclined to think its some type of tube anenome also...but in all honesty I've never seen anything like it. Sure looks interesting...I'll be watching to see if somebody does confirm a positive ID.:cool:
I did run a quick google search and found this link with some decent pics...maybe they will help.tube anemones