zooanthid ?

michael7979

What makes some zoos grow/spread quicker than others? I have 4-5 different kinds and my brown ones grow like crazy but my orange and my green ones don't grow at all it seems. The brown have quadrupled in size, the others seem to have added 4-5 polyps in the same 6 months. All started out around 12 polyps each. I've giving away the brown ones twice in trades and yet to get a decsent growth to frag the others. All these are under 440w Vho lighting and at the bottom of the tank.

footbag

I have mine higher up in the tank. My colorful ones grow better there. Brown ones always grow faster though.
Its kind of like how coraline can cover your glass 50 times before it covers your rocks.

footbag

I shouldn't say that. I have some green ones tht grow very fast also. I guess some types just grow faster then others.

msd2

just for a point of reference could you define fast? I am wanting to add some zoo's and would like to leave space for growth. :eek:

michael7979

My brown ones started out on a rock about the size of a dollar bill folded in half (to make it square), had roughly 12 polyps on it. Now 5-6 months later it has reproduced 5 frags of 7-12 polyps each, and spread to another rock in the tank. The original rock has doubled its polyps and the other rock in the tank has about 15-20 polyps on it. On the other hand my orange and my green ones have only added maybe six polyps each to the 12 at the start. Hope that answers the ?.

calvindo

same here.... i notice my brown and green's, grows much faster then the ones that i want to spread. ie... pink, orange and blues. :confused: