zoos and shrooms

dragonboy

Zoos spread pretty quickly mushroom doesn't spread as fast as zoos do but their fairly quick. I haven't had much spread on my mushroom yet but my zoos spread pretty quick.

C

crm13

There are quite a few factors involved in how quickly they grow, and spread. Just a few of them include lighting, water motion, inhabitants, and levels of different ions and compounds present in the water. But, to answer your question with relation to some other corals, they're a on the high side of average. Of course, they do have the ability to grow and spread very quickly if ideal conditions are present. There are some really nice species of both zoos and shrooms, and they make really good beginner coral because they are pretty easy to take care of, especially if you are limited in terms of lighting and can supply good water motion as far as the zoos go. Shrooms don't really require a lot of water movement.
hth.

ams153

hey thanx for the info i got 2lbs live rock from my lfs and it was covered in zoos and had a few shrooms on it so i just wanted to know how fast it would grow and spread to my other rocks so thatnx for the help
Thanx
Andrew

dragonboy

If water is good, light is good and after a good few days accumilations it will start to spread in one week.