Zoos are confused

bchbum189

I have some zoos that arent dead but definatly not doing well. They are about 5 months old and havent opened up in over 2 months. Ive put them everywhere, high, low lighting, high and low currents and nothing seems to make them happy, i have 4 vhos that are 5 months old and everything else in the tank is very happy, including another section of zoos that are happy as can be. Now the weird thing is I jsut for testing purposes put them completley out of light under a rock and bam what do ya know almost half of them opened up, i move them into light and then they close back up. Anyone have any ideas here casue im just about of them

inkman2004

Turn off the lights!!!!!!

Just kidding, that is weird, wish I could help. Are you 100 % sure that they are Zoos. There are several low light corals that act like that. Sun polyps and such. Do you have a pic?

bchbum189

another thing i noticed wierd was that they were always unusualy hungry, im talking like i had to feed them mysid shrimp like 4 times a week almost or they wouldnt stay opened, my other poloyps i havent had to feed once. id like to think it is something im doing wrong, but my options are dwindling away, is it possible they might just, for a loss of words, suck?

marco333

I have heard that zoos dont need to much light. Maby your lights are to bright and when the zoos open they get burnt. try keepin them in the shade for a week

nomad

Zoos aren't big eaters, so these may be palythoas (sp). Since they don't seem to like strong light, place them on the bottom a the tank, and since they like to eat, feed them. If the amount of light is still too much then put a strawberry basket or make a screen basket to put over them until they can adjust to the lighting. Then everyone should be happy.

msd2

Have you watched for preditors? I had some trouble with zoo's as well, turned out to be a hitchiker snail that came out at night and liked to chomp on them.

bchbum189

ive looked them over for like the sundial snails and such, my cleaner shrimp has an unusualy strong bond with them for some reason, he loves climbing all over them and just hanging out, whereever i move them thats where his new home is gonna be, kinda pisses me off, i need to make a plastic cage for this whole rock aparently