Zoos Dying.... Need Help

S

slofish

Does anyone know what causes Zoo's to die? I used to have a nice full colony, but now the colony has become patchy, and most of the polyps do not even open anymore. Only about half the polyps are still there.
Ive had this colonly for close to a year now. Is there a way to help reverse this to get my zoos to grow again.

h2oengr

Water change would be the only thing that I would suggest. I'd really do a 30% with some good RO water if you can get some. Have you added any likely predators lately?

viper_930

I have the same problem in my tank. One of my 2 zoo colonies do not open anymore and has just been shrinking for like a month or more now. I didn't bother with it too much because they aren't really colorfull at all. The second colony is doing prefectly, so I do not think it is any shrimp, crabs, or snails in my tank making the first colony do this. Anybody got any ideas?

S

slofish

Originally posted by H2OENGR
Water change would be the only thing that I would suggest. I'd really do a 30% with some good RO water if you can get some. Have you added any likely predators lately?

No new fish have been added in about 6 months.
Have been doing regular water changes. I have other Zoos in the tank that are fine. Also, all the other corals are fine.

S

slofish

Originally posted by Kip4130
any shrimp in the tank?

Yes, i have a shrimp in the tank. its been in there since the zoos were put in about a year ago.
I have the oppsite of vipe, my zoos with smaller discs are the ones that are dying

viper_930

The only shrimp I have are 2 scarlet cleaners and 2 sexy shirmp. None of them bother anything in my tank, except the 2 cleaners pick at my new feather duster. Saw them do that 2 times.

elohssa

Have you tried moving the colony to another location?
Closer/farther from the light. More/less water movement.

viper_930

Originally posted by Elohssa
Have you tried moving the colony to another location?
Closer/farther from the light. More/less water movement.

:yes: