Zoo's Looks like they are changing

imfsub12

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
the second picture is the before picture. the first is what they look like now.

CORRECT.. first one is Now....

reefkprz

sounds like your peppermint shrimp is having a serious case of the munchies. I have had mine decide my yellow colonials were the tastiest things ever and blaze back half the colony before I caught him. that's the best opinion I have have on it. if you have a QT tank throw your peppermint in there and see if your polyps show signs of recovery. I do know that if you don't find a solution soon they probably wont last much longer, maybe a month.

imfsub12

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
sounds like your peppermint shrimp is having a serious case of the munchies. I have had mine decide my yellow colonials were the tastiest things ever and blaze back half the colony before I caught him. that's the best opinion I have have on it. if you have a QT tank throw your peppermint in there and see if your polyps show signs of recovery. I do know that if you don't find a solution soon they probably wont last much longer, maybe a month.

ok might chuck him in the qt tank... how long should we keep him there.

reefkprz

give it a couple weeks you should notice a significant change in that amount of time if he is the one causeing it. you may even notice a difference sooner than that. Protopalys are pretty tough and recover fairly fast.

saltn00b

ermm i knew exactly which was the before and after. your saying it doesnt look like a bleaching situation that is starting to color back up? IMO they look much healthier in the recent shot. granted, i have never heard of bleaching in zoos....