ZOO's

xrayman

Zoo's won't open up my pink zoo's are all open doing great but my orange one's closed a couple days ago water parameter's are all good any opinions my lights are 440 watts of vho i have tried different areas of tank but no difference and suggestions would be appriciated.

fedukeford

zoos will do that sometimes , nothing to worry about, just check for unwanted worms or other things around the zoos

mudplayerx

Check for sundial snails as well. Sometimes they close up for no apparent reason. They don't like intense waterflow.

xrayman

Thanks guys you are making me feel better they were really pretty they have been closed now for several days i will be patient.

xrayman

Well i checked water levels this morning and my alk is 8.0 dkh is 2.86 calcium is 500 would this afftect the zoos my other zoo's are good and my alveopora are all good

mrdc

Sorry what is the 2.86? Is that meg/L? Are you saing your alk is 8 and ca is 500?
Anyway, I think the alk may need bumping up but other than that, they look good. I bought a 9 frag pack recently and one of the frags has slowly been opening for two weeks. I thought it was dead at first because nothing opened for several days. The other day I got another 3 frags and one of them still has several polyps that haven't opened. I'm not going to sweat it ... yet!

mrdc

I bump mine up using seachem's reef builder. Not supposed to affect magnesium or ph. I have used other products but they had buffers in it and really made a mess. I was trying to raise my ph and in doing so, skyrocketd my alk and depleted my calc.