best algae eater?

rickross23

I bought a queen conch.....I might get a blue dot sea hare next week....any thougts or experiences on blue dot hare?

snakeblitz33

That is an absolute beautiful fish, Bang.
I think Bang is right on this one.
What I have found that quickly controls algae within a couple of months is a properly built and maintained algae scrubber in combination with turning off lights for a week and adding a clean up crew that will munch on that specific algae.
But, as Bang pointed out, not all algae (such as Bryopsis) will not be eaten by a clean up crew.

geoj

Algae scrubbers put off a smell that will aggravate many peoples allergies... Just something a person should know before deciding to build one...

geoj

Never heard of that one before.... :%%:
You obliviously don't have allergies :laughing:

geoj

Hah, I have a bad pollen allergy and freshly mowed grass allergy. I always have to wear a mask when mowing/weedeating. :( I guess I'm not allergic to THAT allergy though. Now, if I could just breathe out my nose during Spring...
booo, boooo, you are lucky then, I am not so :sad:

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///t/391611/best-algae-eater#post_3474202
If you can find one, the Pencil Streaked Rabbitfish would be better suited for your tank IMHO. I've had both, they have nearly the same diet.
Picture of the one I had:

+2 on a stunning fish - I'm searching for one now to add to the 475 - thanks for the idea Bang!!

rickross23

IT BETTER FOR THREE K! my parents call this hobby a money pit and they are 100% right on some things I must say.

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross23 http:///t/391611/best-algae-eater/20#post_3474257
IT BETTER FOR THREE K! my parents call this hobby a money pit and they are 100% right on some things I must say.
LOL - and that's SALE price - reg price is $3499.99...... they usually will sell them for $2,000 though after they sit for 3+ weeks and might take 1500 if you catch them really wanting to get rid of it...still too rich for me

I did order the rabbit mentioned earlier along with some other fish & verts....will have to revive my 475 thread once the newbies arrive.

kiefers

My DREAM fish...... and one day my friends it WILL happen.

And my favorite,,,,,,, We saw this White Tang at WWC in Florida