10 gallon build

jonp

Thinking about breaking down my 90g and setting up a 10g. Some of the stuff from my 90g will be going over to the 10g (Clown Pair, rock, etc.). I plan on getting rid of my 2 Koralia 2's and 1 Koralia 4 and replace them with 2 Koralia Nanos. What would be a good filter for a 10g (3 fish max, soft corals, no skimmer)?

subielover

I think 2 fish would be max actually, but your clown pair would probably love it. As for a filter what about like HOB fuge, something like a ac110 or ac70 even? You could take out the wheel thingy and replace it with macro algae. The 2 koralia nanos will be plenty of flow, sounds like a nice set-up.

jonp

I was thinking about a HOB filter converted to a small "fuge." Trying to keep this as simple as possible.

jonp

Forgot to mention, the light that will be over the tank is a 20" Coralife 96 watt 4-1 bulb fixture.

jonp

Well got everything moved over. Was using chaeto as a macroalgae filter but feel it's not the best. What else could I use? Right now I'm using AC30.

jonp

Pictures:

Current stock list:
2 Clownfish (was sold as True Percs.)
2 Turbo Snails
3 Nass. Snails
1 Emerald Crab
7 polyp Zoa (I believe their Orange Delights?)
3 heads of Ricordea
1 Toadstool

rotarymagic

For that AC30, don't bother with a fuge... just put a bag of rowaphos in there and a chemipure bag. Put macro algae in the display tank..

subielover

Rotary-Why would you need rowaphos and chemipure elite, the chemipure already has ferric oxide?
JonP-The tank is looking really nice, now start stocking that baby up

jonp

Newer pictures. As you can see, having a bad outbreak of Cyno
FTS (Emerald Crab was messing with Toadstool as to why it's not fully opened):

Orange Delights (just found 2 new baby heads):

New Zoos (was sold as Alien Eyes?)