120G FOWLR Stock

120fowlr

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this site for a while and decided to join today since I have a question.
I have a 120g FOWLR 4x2x2 and its just setup. I checked yesterday and it had 0 ammo, 0 tries, 5 trates so I guess it's ready to add fishes :)
I want these fishes and was wondering which fish I should get first and so on:
-Porc puffer
-Purple Tang
-Lion
-Niger Trigger
-Rectangularis Trigger
Thanks in advance for you help :)

ccampbell57

I would get the Puffer, Lion, and Tang first. The Triggers are going to be more aggressive and hence need to be added last.
I would say the Niger needs to be bigger than the Rectangular and both of them need to be smaller than all the other fish.

120fowlr

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
I would get the Puffer, Lion, and Tang first. The Triggers are going to be more aggressive and hence need to be added last.
I would say the Niger needs to be bigger than the Rectangular and both of them need to be smaller than all the other fish.
oh ok that sounds good. I'm looking for the smallest Niger cuz I heard they grow pretty fast. I saw a puffer that's 6", Lion that's about 4-5", and a rectangular at 3-4" and I already have a purple tang that's in the sump which is 6" and will keep him there until I put the Puffer and Lion in because I heard they're pretty aggressive too.

nicetry

IMO/IME it's a bad mix of fish for that tank, while a 120 is nice, it's still a four foot tank. Your triggers are going to be terribly cramped in time, as will the puffer. I would not advocate mixing the triggers/puffer with a lion. Lions are often victims of constant fin nipping by these two particular families. You have a group of potentially large, active fish and your system won't provide for their needs as they grow. Purple tangs are nice but again, require lots of lateral swimming space.
How much rock is in the tank? What are you planning for filtration given these messy fish?

120fowlr

Originally Posted by nicetry
IMO/IME it's a bad mix of fish for that tank, while a 120 is nice, it's still a four foot tank. Your triggers are going to be terribly cramped in time, as will the puffer. I would not advocate mixing the triggers/puffer with a lion. Lions are often victims of constant fin nipping by these two particular families. You have a group of potentially large, active fish and your system won't provide for their needs as they grow. Purple tangs are nice but again, require lots of lateral swimming space.
How much rock is in the tank? What are you planning for filtration given these messy fish?
What do you recommend me getting then for that size tank?

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by 120FOWLR
What do you recommend me getting then for that size tank?
I would go the "dwarf" aggressive route...Dwarf Angel (say Flame or Coral Beauty), Dwarf Lion, Dwarf Puffer (maybe Valentini, or Blue), these would work well together, maybe a Maroon Clown.

triggered

I would not get the Rectang, they are even more aggressive than a Picasso, in my opinion. My husband had them, no bueno. Just my two cents though.
Peace..........C

crashbandicoot

I had a rectang and it was definatly mean . It wasn't as mean as my undy but deffinatly meaner than my picaso that was at least twice the size and the established tankmate .
I recomend doing a mix of dwarf (as stated above ) or maybe cut your list in half nixing the lion .