175W MH for 10g?

marvida

I just put a 150w HQI on mine. Everything is pretty much adjusted, the SPS are going nuts! 175 should work fine.

nudibranch

Well, honestly the tank is for my GF. She finally got "intrigued" by my little 0.75g tank. She wants one of her own. I'll obviously be careing for it, but in the process getting her involved in it to hopefully make her a reef addict too. :D
I'm dying to do SPS, maybe a maxima. PLus I REALLY like the 20K color.

flatzboy

The 175 watt mh should be more then enough for sps and clams!!! Yeah the 20ks have a nice color! I've been building a few refugiums and sumps lately out of acrylic and I'm thinking about building my dream nano probaly about 15g. total. I want to build a built in refugium on the back with enough space in the first chamber to put in an aquac remora skimmer. I'd use the a 150 watt hqi metal halide with a 20k bulb. I am gonna put all zoos and a few small clams in it. What are your plans for equipment?

nudibranch

Mini/Micro-Jet - 2-3
AC300 Fuge
7W 7100K PC clip-on for fuge
10-15lb LR
2-3in DSB
175W MH 20K XM w/ home built canopy/pendant
10g (obviously)
skimmerless (might change mind but doubtful)

marvida

If you're going to have any fish with your SPS you may want to re-think going skimmerless. My corals seem to do better with one.

cliffrouse11bas

I think you can go without a skimmer, with regular water changes. But I would recommend drilling the tank or add on a HOB refugium.

nudibranch

I'll convert an aqua clear 300 into a refugium. That wont be until later on though. Gotta get the stuff the GF wants first THEN get what I want! :D
There shouldn't beaproblem going skimmerless I do weekly changes that accomplish the same thing...adding a 10g to it wont be a big deal.