2 Basslets?

Has anybody kept 2 basslets without any problems? It says on here to only keep one basslet per tank but I would love to have a royal gramma and a blackcap basslet if possible.
Is this feasible? Someone with some experience please chime in. Bear in mind I have 150+ lbs of LR in my 72G so there are plenty of places to hide.

saka bra

you have probably a 50/50 chance. i had 2 basslets (well actually one basslet and one pseudo) in my 150 gallon and it didnt workout. it may be different with two basslets? i had about 200lbs in my tank, but mostly big rocks cuz i had biggerfish. but you have more amount of rock than i did, and if you have smaller rocks like for a reef setup there may be more hiding spaces for them to establish their own territory on either side of the tank.

Well I have mostly smaller rocks with tons of holes and caves. They could easily have their own designated areas if they chose to do so. However as we all know that is entirely up to them. I think I might just order a blackcap and see how it goes. I can seperate them if needed.
I just know after reading the never have 2 angels in the same tank, and I did so with success I was hoping 2 basslets would be fine.
Anybody else with any 1st hand experience?

florida joe

Originally Posted by saka bra
http:///forum/post/2880052
you have probably a 50/50 chance. i had 2 basslets (well actually one basslet and one pseudo) in my 150 gallon and it didnt workout. it may be different with two basslets? i had about 200lbs in my tank, but mostly big rocks cuz i had biggerfish. but you have more amount of rock than i did, and if you have smaller rocks like for a reef setup there may be more hiding spaces for them to establish their own territory on either side of the tank.
I have one basslet and one pseudo (royal gramma and orchid dotty) and they get along great