2 clown in the same tank?????????

big-fish

i have heard many many statments about this,,but would a clown fish in my tank,,,that i have had for 3 months be ok if i added a new one????? also, would the pair up????,,also would i have to get a bigger one too,,,
take size is a 45 gallon
salt 1.025
nits. 0.0
nits 0.0
amon. 0.0
ph 8.4

nicetry

What species of clown do you have?
Generaly, maroon clowns are a bigger risk. If you have an ocellaris or other more social species, adding a second fish is usually not a problem. The second clown should be substantially smaller than the established fish. They will usually bond, but no guarantee of spawning behavior.

ufo8micats

I have 4 different clown pairs in my tank that i have purchased over the last year. None of the pairs interact with the others. My clark clowns are the largest and seem to rule the largest territory.

deltablack22

Originally Posted by ufo8micats
I have 4 different clown pairs in my tank that i have purchased over the last year. None of the pairs interact with the others. My clark clowns are the largest and seem to rule the largest territory.
How big is your tank?

deltablack22

I've seen a few people mix clown pairs all with good results... Never seen 4 separate pairs but thats cool though.

ufo8micats

well my skunks keep in the anenamones, my tomatoes hang by the powerhead, my clarks are the aquarium patrol guys and keep the damsels in check, and the my maroons do their own thing, with the anenamones and decorations.
They are quite a group to watch. If you have not figured out, clowns are my favorite fish.
I also have a pixie hawk that cracks me up. he/she follows me from one end of the tank to the other, like a puppy begging for food.

ice4ice

Originally Posted by ufo8micats
well my skunks keep in the anenamones, my tomatoes hang by the powerhead, my clarks are the aquarium patrol guys and keep the damsels in check, and the my maroons do their own thing, with the anenamones and decorations.
They are quite a group to watch. If you have not figured out, clowns are my favorite fish.
I also have a pixie hawk that cracks me up. he/she follows me from one end of the tank to the other, like a puppy begging for food.
I smell a massacre here soon as the Maroon gets larger ...
You wait and see ...

ufo8micats

U trying to put hex on me ice. lol. my only real problem in my tank is my cbs, he keeps attacking and eating other tankmates. drives me crazy.

addicted2

I want to do the same thing..I have had a false percula for a couple years and would like to add another...hmmm...I'll take the advice and make sure the new one is substantially smaller...I have had to take him out when I put my hawkfish in...he kept terrorizing the hawkfish..so I put the clown ion the sump..detention...I put him back in after a about a week and so far so good....they are doing okay now...((fingers crossed))

ufo8micats

maybe you can help me with my hawk question, can you put 2 in the same tank? if so what kind. I put another hawk (long nose), in my tank last week, it took 10 minutes for the pixie hawk to beat it into a rock and kill it. are they all that aggressive with eachother. i can't find any definative info on them.