2 Part Additive Question??

ktsdad

I have been using the B-Ionic 2-Part Alk/CA additive for the last month and have been pleased at how consistent my ALK and CA levels have remained (once I got the correct dosage figured out!) consistent. ALK = 9.6 dkh, CA 420, PH 8.2
I would like my CA to be a little higher though.
I have read many folks here say to just dose a little more of the CA half of the 2-part system.
My question is this--
I use the 2 part system because they are "balanced".
How does it effect the balance if you don't dose the same amount of each part?
Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
Thanks!

murph145

i dose B-ionic in my tank basically 30ml a day of alk and about 50-60 ml a day of calcium i see no adverse effects except i go through one faster than the other but my alk is at 9dkh and my calcium at 400-420
your calcium is fine at 420 i wouldnt stress at getting it any higher even 380-400 is fine
i have lots of calcium absorbing sps and clams they soak that stuff up i can see daily growth now from my sps i cant wait till the new tank the calcium reactor will take care of all this dosing crap lol

ktsdad

Thanks!
I was increasing the dosage weekly, checking the ALK and CA levels daily, until I found the exact amount I needed to keep it at 9.6 and 420. 80ml daily of each seems to do the trick.
I read an artical that basically said to always dose equal amounts since these additives are "balanced". If the CA is low, then dose a larger amount - but increase both doses and it won't hurt the ALK side.