2 questions about clowns and RBTA

hiddenicon

first is, why can't you keep more than a pair of clowns in a 30 galleon if the biggest one becomes the female then the smaller one is the male. If this is true won't other smaller clowns just stay juvile? until something happens to either the male or the only female in the tank?
second is, i found someone that will sell me a 192 watt light for 125$, if the light looks good, i wanna get it because that's a good deal but is that enough for a RBTA in a 30 galleon?

viper_930

Two of the clowns will pair off, the largest becoming a female and the next being a male. Yes, the others will stay juvies, but the pair may kill them. Occasionally ocellaris clowns can live peacefully with a pair and some juvies, but it is uncommon.
Yes, that is enough for your anemone on a 30 gallon.

hiddenicon

hey Viper, nice to hear from you:yes: why may the pair kill the other little clowns? and could i put 1 or 2 true perc with my pair of false percs?

viper_930

I don't know about that one. I guess they just like to have their own space. How long can you last with little kids in your house after you get married? :joy:
I wouldn't even try it.

T

thomas712

Its the law of nature, and becomes one of real estate as well.
If the clowns pair up then three is deffinatly going to become a crowd and will not be tollorated, and once the territory is selected it will be defended.

bang guy

In the wild a group of Ocellaris may live in an Anemone. For some reason this is uncommon in captivity. I don't know why.