2 Ric. Questions

friction32

1st question: I have a 12gal nano-cube with the standard 24watt 50/50 bulb. Where in the tank would be a good placement for a green Ric. At the moment I half it just a little over half way from the bottom on a piece of liverock. It just dosnt look happy. It's just all shriveled(sp) up and wont blow out.
2nd question: Can you frag a Ric. if a Ric has 2 mouths can you cut it between them and it live and make 2?
Thanks
All water parameters all good Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Salinity 1.025
Temp. 76-78
PH 8.0

isistius

your ph is a little low. you should bump it up to 8.2 or 8.3. also, they are mainly photosynthetic. you need stronger light. for now, you can raise it up in the tank. as far as fragging, yes you can cut between the mouths. 95% of the time they will grow into 2, the other 5, they will grow back together. there are a few other ways of fragging as well. just do a search for them.

friction32

The one I have in the tank right now is a green Fl. Ric.
As far as calcium and alk. readings I dont have a tester for them. Other then L/R I have nothing else that would be absorbing lots of calcium and I try to replinish by doing 1-2 gal water changes every 2 weeks.
The Ric. I was inquiring to fragging belongs to a buddy of mine and he purchased it from SWF.com it's about the size of a quarter with 2 mouths.
Thanks