2 slowflakes???

diablo

can i put 2 snowflake eels in a 90 gal together??? anyway to tell sexes?? will they mate
snowflakes are so common can you bred them in captivity?

lion_crazz

I think that you would be okay to have 2 sfe's in one 90 gallon tank, depending upon what else you have in the tank (biological purposes). I have no clue how to differentiate between sexes though, and I have never seen them breed in captivity, nor have I ever heard of it.

diablo

right now in the tank is vol loin, 1 snowflake, blue spot puffer, and about 10 damsels i used to cycle the tank. damsels probly going to become food

liquidonyx

I think they would have to be close in size. I had two in a 75 gal with lots of LR and the larger one killed the smaller one.

lion_crazz

I would get rid of the blue spot and just have the lion, and 2 eels. The blue spot will eventually be eaten, if you ask me.

diablo

well puffer got sucked into the powerhead i couldn't find the grate for so no puffer and powerhead removed for now :mad:

diablo

and the snowflake is a little a-hole. he is pickin on everything that goes by and i feed him silversides so he not hungry :confused: are they territorial :confused:

smallfry

My SFE does not bother any of his tank mates. I guess just like people this can vary.
Mine eats like a PIG.
Every day about 5 he starts looking for somebody to come near the tank and he looks right at you saying "Wheres dinner?"

erhodejr

I have a SnowFlake eel that just keeps getting bigger, right now he's close to 2 foot and about as round as a cigar, when I bought him I was told they only get to be around 1 foot or so, I have him in a 40 wide with a porky puffer, I was going to wait a bit to get a bigger tank for them but the eel is getting massive, He's doing good at this size right now but if he's going to get bigger it's time to get another tank,

diablo

hmmm every snowflake ive seen has takin to silversides with no porblem they almost smell it as soon as it hits the water. then the hunt is on