2 Tangs... Help Please :)

cashemin44

I have a whiteface tang in my tank and a diamond goby, that's it. My good friend is moving and she didn't want to get rid of her blue hippo that she was really attached to. Knowing that we have a tank, she asked us if we like to take it. We said sure and that we would harbor it until she could get her tank in her new house and get it up and running. We acclimated the blue hippo for 3.5 hrs. She looks good in there, but my whiteface tang I don't think is very happy. As long as she stays a the top of the tank it's not bad, but when she starts to swim downward toward him, he's get grumpy and pushes her away. I was told my my LFS that as long as they weren't the same type of tang that they would be fine together. Would it help if I rearranged the rock structure so he has nothing to be territorial over? Or am I really just out of luck? I feel bad this hippo had been through alot and survived in her tank and I really want to help her out. Please suggestions anyone?????

mopar9012

rearranging the rock might be a good idea. but i look in your profile and you have a 55? your tang that you are planning on keeping might get stressed in that size tank. JMO