20G Aggressive Tank?

weesh

My wife wants to set up a 20 gallon tank for a lion fish (and whatever is compatible with it).
Any suggestions?
->Weesh

damon123

Your better off doing your homework and taking the time and money and preparing a larger aquarium of appropriate size for the fish you are wanting to own ......You would be lucky to keep a pair of clowns in a 20gal and the water changes would be ridiculous, I dont recommend any salt tanks less than 50 gal unless your going nano.. Just my opinion sorry if peeps dont like it!

bjoe23

Originally Posted by Damon123
Your better off doing your homework and taking the time and money and preparing a larger aquarium of appropriate size for the fish you are wanting to own ......You would be lucky to keep a pair of clowns in a 20gal and the water changes would be ridiculous
, I dont recommend any salt tanks less than 50 gal unless your going nano.. Just my opinion sorry if peeps dont like it!
I had 5 fish in a 29, you can get 2 clowns in a 20. But you cant get a lionfish in a 20 gallon

keri

Originally Posted by bjoe23
But you cant get a lionfish in a 20 gallon

pfft, nah, of course you can.... you just have to use a shoehorn to wedge it in, and mind the spines!
(heavy sarcasm ;) )

weesh

Does SWF sell Lionfish shoehorns? I didn't see them in aquarium supplies and a google search didn't turn anything up.....

1journeyman

Originally Posted by paintballer768
Yea Ive got a nano. 2 small fish MAX. Lionfish is like minimum of a 75 gallon tank.
A Dwarf Lion certainly doesn't need a 75 gallon tank.
What tpye of Lion is she wanting? Give us that info and we can better help with what size tank you need.

weesh

ANY type of lionfish......
Pygmy, dwarf, height-challenged, vertically-challenged, etc.
Thx,
->Ken

weesh

BTW, I already have a thriving 80G tank with Tang, cardinals, clown, blennies about 20 fish in all.It's been up for two years and all fish are healthy
I dropped three damsels into the new tank to assist with cycling and they're doing really well.
If I can't put any aggressive fish in something this size how about something exotic?
->Ken

lysol

Originally Posted by weesh
BTW, I already have a thriving 80G tank with Tang, cardinals, clown, blennies about 20 fish in all.It's been up for two years and all fish are healthy
I dropped three damsels into the new tank to assist with cycling and they're doing really well.
If I can't put any aggressive fish in something this size how about something exotic?
->Ken
Seahorses maybe?

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by weesh
->Ken

Give the damsels time and they will be aggresive ! lol

brandon7491

if u want something "exotic" put some acans,scolys,blastos,micros,chalice. for fish u could do like a pair of picasso clowns or rod onyx clowns. maybe a pair of some cool wrasses.